Spotify is a prominent music streaming service with a library of millions of digital songs, videos, and podcasts. Spotify offers both a desktop and mobile application that allows users to listen to free music on their computers and phones.
When you reinstall the Spotify desktop program, a few things can go wrong. One of them is the spotify error code 18. Let’s look at what this is and how to fix it with a few simple actions. Also, read How To Fix 0x0 0x0.
Why does this Error occur?
Device Manager Error Code 18 in Windows 10/8/7 and Windows Server can be caused by a number of factors. The most common causes of this problem include incompatible or outdated drivers, defective hardware, mismatched registry entries, missing system files, or having a virus/trojan on your computer.
How To Fix Spotify Error Code 18?
1: Delete the Spotify folder in AppData
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard. This will launch the Run application.
- After typing “%appdata%”, click the OK button. In File Explorer, you will be automatically taken to the AppData folder.
- Locate the Spotify folder and delete it with a right-click.
- To see if Spotify can be installed, restart your computer.
- If the approach doesn’t work, try using %localappdata% instead of %appdata% to delete the Spotify folder from LocalAppData. Also, read How To Fix Err_Empty_Response.
2: Install Spotify From Windows Apps store
- Can’t you use the web installer to install Spotify? You don’t have to be concerned. The Windows Apps store is another alternative for Windows 10 users.
- To get started, go to the Start menu.
- Select Microsoft Store from the application list by scrolling down.
- In the search bar, type “Spotify.” You should see the program in the search results if it is available in your area.
- By clicking the Get button, then the Install button, you can install the program on your smartphone.
3: Delete all Spotify Entry
- The next step is to search for and erase all Spotify entries on your computer before reinstalling the software.
- On the left bottom corner of your computer screen, click the Windows icon.
- In the search box, type Spotify and press Enter.
- Delete all Spotify entries discovered on the computer by Windows.
- Restart your computer and reinstall the Spotify software. Also, read How To Fix Error Code: m7111-5059.
4: Check Computer’s App Data Directory
To complete the uninstall, remove the Spotify folder from the App data folder after removing the Spotify application from the control panel. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo and R keys.
- On the Run command, type “%AppData% ” and hit Enter.
- If you notice a Spotify folder on your computer, erase it and restart it.
- Run the Spotify setup wizard again to verify if spotify error code 18 has been resolved.
When you reinstalled Spotify on your computer, perhaps this instruction helped you avoid spotify error code 18 on your computer. Start by using the safe boot option to erase and terminate all previous Spotify installation files and processes, and then run the Spotify installer normally.