Have you ever desired to prioritize foreground apps over background apps? There are a few methods you can use to change your system preference to make foreground apps run faster. In this tech tutorial, we’ll go through each of these in-depth. But first, let’s define the term “CPU priority.” Apart from the ones you’re using, there are a number of front and background apps running on your device when you’re working.
Each of these apps is given a portion of the CPU’s time. Apps with a higher priority are given a longer time slice and run faster than those with a lower priority. As a result, if you want your foreground apps to function more effectively, you’ll need to adjust the CPU priority appropriately. We’ll look at how to Set CPU Priority To Prefer Foreground Apps Windows 8.1 in this article. Also, read How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset.
Set CPU Priority To Prefer Foreground Apps Windows 8.1
Set Foreground Apps
This is a simple technique to prioritize foreground apps in the CPU. To begin, log in to Windows 10 with an administrator account. Now take the following steps:
- To enter the Quick Access menu, press the Windows and X keys at the same time, and then from the menu select Control Panel.
- Now select “System and Security”.
- To access the Settings, click System and Security.
- Then click System, then Advanced System Settings in the left pane of the System window, and then press Enter. The System Properties window will appear.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the System Properties dialogue box, then select Settings under the Performance category. A window called Performance Options will appear.
- Return to the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window, and checkmark the circle next to programs under setup for best performance of Programs.
- Finally, click Ok, then apply to finish the method. Also, read How To Fix Twitch Error 3000.
Our Last Words
We hope you find this tutorial to Set CPU Priority To Prefer Foreground Apps Windows 8.1 to be helpful. Adjusting the CPU priority to prefer foreground apps is a good way to improve the performance of your favorite apps using these two simple techniques shown here.
Although the methods for changing CPU priority are not difficult, you should exercise caution when using them to avoid causing any unwanted problems in your system. Please contact us via the comment box below if you have any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful day, everyone!