Are you trying to figure out how to get rid of “roblox error code 279”? To understand how to fix it, read this guide all the way to the conclusion!
This online platform allows players to develop games as well as play a variety of multiplayer games produced by others. Roblox, which has been around for 15 years, has grown in popularity and has a large following throughout the world.
Except for macOS, you may play on Windows, Xbox, iOS, and Android — in fact, most platforms. However, players may encounter difficulties when they are unable to connect to a server. On the screen, they will notice error code 279 roblox, which indicates that there is a connectivity problem. Also, read How To Fix Err_Empty_Response.
What causes this error?
An issue with the game you’re trying to connect to, your Windows Firewall, or something else could be causing this error number. The Roblox Error Code 279 indicates that something on your device is obstructing or interfering with your game connection. Let’s look at some perpetrators:
- Do you have a sluggish internet connection? An excellent method to tell is to see if any of the game’s items take longer than usual to load.
- Occasionally, a issue affects only a few gaming servers. Perhaps there are scripting errors or the game has too many items for it to handle.
If this issue affects only a few game servers, it’s worth reporting it to the developers so they can work out how to repair it.
- Errors can occur when your Windows Firewall is configured incorrectly. The right Roblox connections must be enabled via the Windows Firewall, or else access to the game will be denied and the error will appear. Also, read How To Fix Error Code: m7111-5059.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279?
Configure Windows Firewall
The first approach is to temporarily disable your Windows Firewall, then reconnect to Roblox to see if the error persists.
If you can now play normally, the issue was most likely your Windows Firewall, and you will need to manually enable Roblox to access your computer.
- To begin, go to the Start menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” into the search box.
- On the left hand side, click “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On/Off.”
- Under the private and public areas, make sure “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall” is checked, then click OK. Also, read How To Fix If Nintendo Switch Wont Turn On.
Try Different Browser
Unless you’re connected via an app on your system or device, you’ll need a compatible browser to play the game. Roblox is not compatible with all browsers.
Roblox is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera, while some users have reported difficulty when trying to play on Microsoft Edge due to its minimalistic design. Make sure your browser is up to date, since outdated versions can create problems.
Disable Browser Add-Ons
Browser add-ons have been known to cause issues with Roblox. Some ad-blocking add-ons can even prevent the game from loading.
Restart your browser and try the game again after disabling any third-party add-ons. Also, read How To Fix Reboot And Select Proper Boot Device Error.
Disabling Your Antivirus
Roblox connection troubles might be caused by third-party antivirus products, which means you won’t be able to play. Try momentarily disabling your antivirus and then reconnecting to Roblox.
If this succeeds, you’ll need to add a Roblox exception so you can use the antivirus while playing Roblox. Hope with this you can solve Roblox Error Code 279.