On PC, Red Dead Redemption 2 Won’t Launch through Rockstart Launcher, Epic Games, or Steam. Even if it starts, RDR2 remains stuck on the loading screen.
Many customers are claiming that when utilizing an in-game Rockstar launcher to run Red Dead Redemption 2, the game will not begin despite a process running in Task Manager. Also, read how to Fix If Astro A10 Mic Not Working.
How to Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Won’t Launch
Update Rockstar Games Launcher
Rock star continues to release updates to its launcher, which may have resolved some of the game’s launching troubles. As a result, it is advised that you update your Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Close any Rockstar Games you’re playing, as well as the launcher.
- Restart your launcher by right-clicking on the Rockstar Games Launcher icon.
Update Your Graphics Card Driver
When a game fails to launch, the easy thing that should spring to mind is the GPU drivers.
Because graphics card drivers are so crucial, you should make sure they’re up to current.
There are two methods for updating graphics card drivers. Whether it’s done manually or automatically is up to you.
- The manual way entails opening Device Manager, identifying the AMD/NVIDIA GPU, and then searching for the most recent version.
- For GPU driver updates, we recommend using the automatic procedure. You only need to do is install Driver Easy on your computer. This program is a powerful system driver updater that works with both Windows 10 and Windows 11. Also, read how to fix msvcr120.dll error.
Check Windows Updates
Before you begin troubleshooting, you should update to the most recent version of Windows to take advantage of certain new capabilities. You can do so by:
- Hold down the Windows logo key and select the Settings icon.
- Click Check for updates in the Windows Update area.
- You’ll be given the option to install updates if they’re available. Restart your computer after it’s finished.
Update BIOS Settings
If you’ve altered or tweaked your BIOS settings, this could be the cause of your Red Dead Redemption 2 not starting issue.
So go into the BIOS and reset the UEFI settings to default. It will fix the game’s launching issue.
Update Video Card Drivers
Your drivers are critical, and if you have any issues with them, you may be unable to play your game. It’s also a good idea to update your video card drivers to get the maximum performance out of your hardware.
Remove Settings Folder
The game settings can cause corruption, which prevents RDR2 from loading. As a result, you should remove this folder. Take the following steps:
- Go to the Red Dead Redemption 2 folder in the game’s file directory.
- Delete the Settings folder. The game will restart with default settings when you delete this folder.
Red Dead Redemption 2 will not launch for the majority of people who have antivirus or Windows Defender installed on their computers.
These apps identify a certain game file as a virus threat and prevent it from being launched.
If you have avast or another program installed, make sure it does not run in the background or establish an exclusion list. It will assist you in resolving the issue.
Run Game as Administrator
Many users reported that merely running with administrator privileges fixed the Red Dead Redemption 2 won’t launch the issue.
If you play games on a PC without administrator privileges, the Windows operating system will not perform necessary services, resulting in the game not launching in issues. Also, read How To Fix Error Code 267 Roblox.
Clear Launcher Profile Details
If the launcher refuses to allow you to start the game, it’s possible that your profile is corrupt.
- Select Settings from the Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Select Account information, then click Delete in the Delete local profile section, and then click on confirm.
- Re-enter the launcher and start the Red Dead Redemption 2 game.