Sometimes, social media platforms rob us of one of the most important aspects of our lives, which is privacy. However, few people are capable of completely removing themselves from social media.
In this instance, increasing the privacy settings on your profile is the best line of action. This made us wonder if we could hide our Instagram followers from other users.
There are a variety of reasons why you might wish to hide your Instagram followers from other users, and you have every right to do so. So today’s is about How to Hide Instagram Followers.
Can You Hide Instagram Followers list?
Not totally, at least. You can’t hide your follower’s list or who you follow on Instagram, whether you have a personal or a commercial account.
Your follower count will still be visible to others, but there are various options for hiding it from those you don’t wish to interact with.
Still, deciding whether you want to hide how many people follow you or who you follow entirely, or simply prevent a certain person from viewing your list, is critical.
How to Hide Instagram Followers
You have two big alternatives here, as you can’t completely hide your follower list from your friends and specific users:
1: Switch to a Private Profile Account:
Setting up a private profile is the most natural thing to do here, however, it isn’t your only option. Sharing photographs, posts, and Instagram Stories will be limited to the people you grant access to your profile.
- Go to Instagram and tap your profile photo. This will take you to your primary profile. Select the icon with three vertical lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to the settings menu and scroll down to “Privacy.” You’ll be able to change your profile’s activity status here.
Toggle the “Private Account” option to make your Instagram account private. When you have a private profile, you must accept people before they can access your posts and following list.
2: Hide Followers from Specific People
The other option is to exclude a certain person from your follower list. You have three possibilities in this situation.
You can easily stop individuals from following you by taking the following steps:
- Open your main profile page and click on Your followers.
- You’ll see a list of persons and accounts who follow you there.
- On each account, you want to delete, simply tap “remove.”
When you remove followers from your Instagram account, they will simply stop following you. It will be more difficult to find someone with more followers, but you can utilize the search box to browse for people.
Just make sure you don’t have a Green Circle on Instagram when they post Instagram stories, you don’t want to conceal posts or lose friends.
- Restricting accounts will not ban individuals from viewing your profile, but it will prevent them from engaging with it. It will also conceal someone’s remarks, keep them from seeing your online status, and, of course, conceal your following. Consider it a viable possibility.
- To get to Settings, use the same steps as before.
- Privacy, Connections, and Restricted Accounts are the options to select.
- Find and add the account you wish to restrict to the list.