You’ve decided to permanently delete your Amazon account for any reason. People may do so for a variety of reasons, including migrating to a nation where Amazon does not ship, concerns about Amazon’s business operations, or even its contentious HR regulations.
If you’ve chosen to close Amazon account, follow the steps below to do so as swiftly and as painlessly as possible.
Why Close Amazon Account?
Maybe you’ve had enough of Amazon’s business tactics and its HR regulations. If you just stop using Amazon and wanted to delete your personal information from the site. It’s a good idea to cancel amazon account for whatever reason. Also, read How to Delete Uber Account.
What Happens When You Close Amazon Account?
If you properly close your account, neither you nor anyone else will be able to access it. This includes Amazon’s employees and support staff. If you delete your account and then realize you made a mistake, you’ll have to start over.
This doesn’t only apply to your basic account, which you use to buy a few things on the Cyber Monday and Black Friday days. It has a huge impact. Following is a list of items you won’t be able to access if your account is lost:
- Your order history and account history, which includes your credit card details.
- Returns or refunds that have not been handled.
- There are any remaining Amazon.com Gift Cards or promotional credit balances on your account.
- You are accountable for all reviews, discussion posts, and customer photos that you have received or are in charge of.
- Amazon Mechanical Turks, Amazon Associates, Amazon Web Services, Author Central, Kindle Direct Publishing, and Amazon Pay accounts were among the sites that used or required an Amazon account.
- Digital content from Amazon Music, Amazon Drive, and/or Prime Photos, as well as purchases from the Amazon Appstore. This includes purchases of Prime videos and Kindle books. All content will be lost and unable to be recovered. Also, read How to Delete Google Voice Number.
Can You Delete Amazon Order History?
Your Amazon order history cannot be deleted. Amazon keeps a record of your purchases for legal and accounting purposes even if you close your account.
The best you can do is archive individual goods to remove them from your order list, however, they’ll still be viewable if you search for them. You can create an Amazon Household account to hide purchases from your family under a shared account. Also, read How to Delete Tiktok Videos Easily.
How To Delete Amazon Account?
- Go to Close Amazon Account: www.amazon.com/privacy/data-deletion
- Log in to the account you’d like to delete.
- Choose the reason for canceling your account from a drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Select the checkbox next to Yes and want to remove my data and permanently end my Amazon account, therefore select Close my Account.
- To confirm your activity, Amazon will email you or text message with a link.
- To confirm your account closure, click the Confirm Account Closure link you received.
Can you reactivate a Deleted Amazon Account?
You won’t be able to reopen your Amazon account once it’s been closed. You’ll need to register a new account with fresh login details if you ever wish to utilize Amazon services again.
If you wish to permanently wipe your data, this is good news. Before closing, double-check that you’ve downloaded all the content you require. Also, make sure you examine any cloud services you may have used, such as Amazon Photos or Amazon Drive. Also, read How to Delete Snapchat Account.
Amazon Will delete my purchase history?
No. Amazon, like most physical establishments, keeps track of all purchases. The corporation claims that it is only used for tax purposes and that it is not utilized for anything that could be considered a breach of privacy. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e Even if you remove your Amazon account entirely, the firm retains your purchasing history.
Will Amazon give me a refund?
It’s simple to join Amazon Prime. It’s possible that you signed up for the service by accident, and if that’s the case, you may be wondering if there’s any way to get your refund. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e Contact Amazon using the link to see if you can get a refund. If the account has not been utilized, Amazon appears to be particularly generous in this area. Although, it may take some days for the money to show up in your bank account.