You can’t be heard in a meeting because your microphone in Google Meet isn’t working? This can be a highly aggravating circumstance. Follow this instruction if you’re not sure why this problem occurs or how to fix it. We’ll walk you through all the tried-and-true solutions and guide you through the troubleshooting process.
Here are some simple solutions that other users have used to fix the Google Meet mic not working on Windows PC. You are not obligated to attempt all of them. Simply work your way through the list until you locate the one that works.
Check PC Sound Settings
If you have many peripherals attached to your computer, it’s likely that your favorite device isn’t configured as default, and thus the microphone in Google Meet isn’t working properly. Check the following sound settings to see if this is the case.
- Use the Run command, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard. After that, type mmsys.cpl and press OK.
- Select the Recording tab from the drop-down menu. Make sure your microphone is turned on first. If it isn’t, and a grey down-arrow icon appears, right-click it and select Enable.
- Choose the microphone which you want to use and then select Set Default.
- You should also adjust the microphone volume by right-clicking the microphone and selecting Properties.
- To increase the volume, go to the Levels tab and move the microphone slider to the maximum setting. Then, to save the changes, click OK.
Check Google Meet settings
Normally, your browser and Google Meet will use the microphone that you have chosen as your computer’s default, but if something goes wrong, you may manually check if Google Meet is identifying and accessing the correct audio device.
- Google Meet is the place to have your online gathering. Toggle on the microphone permission by clicking the lock icon at the far right of the Google Chrome search bar.
- Check to see whether your microphone is turned off.
- Select Settings from the vertical ellipsis icon in the top left corner.
- Select your primary microphone from the drop-down selection under Microphone.
Update Audio Driver
The most prevalent cause of microphone-related troubles is a malfunctioning or outdated audio driver. The last thing you can do if you’re having problems using the microphone with Google Meet is to make sure your audio driver is up to current.
Our Last Words
Hopefully, one of the solutions listed above fixed your Google Meet microphone not working issue. If you have any questions then you can leave a comment and we will respond as soon as possible.
What is Google Meet?
This is a video conferencing program that is part of Google Workspace, a cloud-based collaborative workspace. This tool, originally known as Hangouts Meet, is designed to help teams collaborate more effectively. This makes your interface extremely straightforward and simple to use, and it’s fully integrated with all Google apps.
How to Record meeting on Google Meet?
- Start or join a meeting by using Google Meet.
- On the far right bottom of the screen, select the three-dot option.
- Record Meeting is an option that you can select here.
How to share screen on Google Meet?
- Press the Present button.
- Choose an area of your screen or a window.
- Select a screen or window to work with.
- To share, click the Share button.
How to change background in Google Meet?
Even when using the desktop version of Google Meet, the background can be modified before or during a video conference. But there are important things to keep in mind in this regard. A person who does not have a Google account but joins a video call, for example, can only change the background once throughout the call. Participants in Google Workspace for Education video chats will be unable to select their own photos. Let’s see how to blur or change the background on a computer:
- From the Google Meet website, sign in using your Google account.
- Before you join, there will be a Change Background option at the bottom of your self-view.
- Select between Blur, Slightly Blur, or a pre-uploaded background by clicking on one of the selections.
- You can also use a picture from your computer as the background.