On the stand during Facebook’s trial in 2018, The Facebook authority admitted that your personal information is not private. Since then, Facebook has added more tools to help you keep your profile secret.
However, few people are aware of these important features, and the platform’s default sharing setting is set to public. You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for more online privacy. Here are some simple instructions for making Facebook private:
What is Facebook Private?
You can make Facebook as public or private as you wish, contrary to popular opinion.
The platform gives you the tools you need to customize your profile’s privacy settings.
Of course, we may not be able to prevent Facebook from utilizing our data in other ways, but that’s a different topic. If you want to have more control over who can see you and your content, you’ll need to change a few key components of the platform.
How To Make Facebook Private
Make Your Facebook Profile Private
- To access your Facebook account profile page, click on your profile photo.
- A new menu or Facebook window will appear when you click on edit details (pencil icon).
- Toggle on and off the features you want to share on Facebook.
Make Friends List Private On Facebook
- Click the down-pointing arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu, then “Privacy Settings.”
- On the left sidebar, select Privacy Settings.
- Go to Who Can See Your Friend List under “How People Find And Contact You.”
- Select Edit.
- On the friends, screen select an option from Just your friends, Specific friends, Only me.
- The modifications will be saved after you click on any of the options, such as “Only me.”
- Your profile will be kept as private as you like.
- You can always edit profile settings by going to settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
Make Photos Private on Facebook
- By clicking on your profile photo, you’ll be sent to your Facebook profile page.
- Choose the “Photos” tab.
- Change the photo by clicking on it.
- Select the three horizontal dots menu from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Edit Post Audience” from the drop-down menu. Now you have to choose from these options:
Just friends from the people in the photo
Only your friends
Only friends that you choose
- Now, only the people you’ve chosen will be able to see your images and albums.