Error codes are a relic of the Windows operating system’s past. The error codes are present in all versions of Windows, including Windows 98, XP, and Vista, and they can be rather useful at times. There are a lot of different codes for different kinds of Windows problems. For example, a distinct error code might be assigned to a hardware issue and a different code would be assigned to a software issue. However, in this article, I will discuss the Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows, which may arise during startup, as shown in the image below. Also, read How To Fix Twitch Error 3000.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e?
When people see this error, they get irritated since Windows doesn’t say what kind of hardware issue has happened and how to fix it. Because they usually just give you a hardware malfunction code that doesn’t specify whether it’s an SSD fault, a CD ROM issue, or something else. This error is typically displayed by Windows when a hardware component is not identified or when a faulty system file prevents Windows from booting up. The BSOD error is represented by the 0xc00000e error code.
However, you do not need to be concerned because in this article, I will discuss various methods for resolving the error code 0xc00000e. Simply follow our instructions:
CMOS Battery Replacement:
The BIOS configuration, date, time, and other associated information are all stored in CMOS, which is a chip on your PC’s motherboard. This includes certain hardware configurations as well. The BIOS firmware in the computer is powered by the CMOS battery. One of the BIOS’s key functions is to keep the computer running even when it is not connected to a power source. As a result, when a computer or other device is turned off, BIOS relies on the CMOS battery for power.
- You must first boot into Windows using a CD or USB device.
- To boot from a Windows 10 DVD or USB drive, use the first method.
- Follow the instructions in the first method until we reach the Advanced options. Now, instead of selecting automatic repair as we did in the first method, select Command Prompt as shown in the image after selecting the advanced option.
- Enter the following commands one by one after selecting the command prompt. Also, How To Fix Error Code Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal.
Windows 10 Automatic Repair Tool:
To fix Windows system issues like these, this approach uses the default Windows Automatic Repair program. To fix the error, you can use the utility from a bootable install CD or a bootable USB:
- To go to the Windows boot menu, first, restart your computer.
- To access the boot menu while the computer is restarting, press the F2 key.
- The first thing you’ll need to do when you get to the boot window changes the boot options to CD/DVD Rom or boot from a USB device.
- Insert your Windows 10 OS CD/DVD or a bootable USB drive now. Now restart your computer, and it will begin booting from the CD/DVD drive. As illustrated in the screenshot, a notice will appear that says, “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.” Now, on your keyboard, press any key.
- Repairing your faulty Windows files will now only take a few moments.