Do you want to safeguard your personal data on social media, then? Then you should deactivate or remove Facebook Messenger after logging out. But from where does Facebook get its data? You may have thought of the Cambridge Analytica controversy from 2016. In order to gather information from more than 50 million Facebook users and influence election results, Donald Trump hired this UK-based data business. After that, in 2018, it was shown that Facebook was tracking users’ online behavior and gathering personal data using the Onavo VPN service. Child victims are typically the subject of the huge data leak scandals, which violate privacy regulations. At last, they are so widely scattered that they can get all of the user’s info.
In other words, the majority of people no longer use Facebook. You’re wrong if you think deactivating your Facebook account would also deactivate Messenger. Although they have different uses, Facebook owns both of these services. To preserve your privacy, you might need to deactivate or delete your Messenger account separately. You may only do this if your Facebook account has already been cancelled, so keep that in mind. You must also permanently cancel your Facebook account if you want to erase Messenger permanently. What follows is the process for deactivating Facebook Messenger. Here is a quick reference.
How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger
Deactivate On iPhone and iPad
- Log in to Messenger on your phone or another device.
- Click the upper-left corner’s profile picture.
- You can access Account Settings by descending.
- You’ll be directed to another page. Accessing your Facebook data.
- On the Account Ownership and Control tab, click.
- Press the Deactivation and Deletion button.
If you haven’t done so, you can revive your account even after it has been deleted. Use the same username and password to sign in to Messenger the following time.
Deactivate On Android
- The process is different from iOS’s.
- Open the Messenger chat on your Android phone.
- In Chats, tap on your profile picture in the upper left-hand corner.
- Please go to Legal & Policies.
- Deactivate Messenger by clicking.
- Enter your password here.
- Select “Submit”
To reactivate your account, log in using the same username and password. For this method to work, you must first know how to disable Facebook Messenger on your iPhone, so bear that in mind. But that isn’t true. The Mac or the PC does not support the deactivation process. Only apps for smartphones or tablets can be utilized to finish the work. You might try contacting Facebook for support if you misplace your phone or use a non-mobile device. You can also ask them to cancel your Messenger account. Hold off until Facebook publishes its official instructions on disabling Facebook Messenger on any device as a different option.
How To Delete Facebook Permanently
- Login on Facebook.
- Click the three vertical rows in the top-right corner.
- Under Settings & Privacy, choose Settings.
- Scroll down and pick Your Facebook Information to find it.
- Control and Ownership of the Account.
- Decide between deletion and deactivation.
- After choosing Delete Account, click Continue to Account Deletion.
- Give your defense, then click to proceed.
- Enter your password and then click Continue.